A WST spokesman stated:
Our members have allowed the board a discretionary sum of £15k to ‹Å“spend sensibly on external projects.
We have considered several proposals since the AGM in June. The Board cannot think of any project more pressing than the club regaining its league status and we are keen to support our new manager.
It is imperative for the future well being of our club that we return to the Football League at the earliest possible opportunity.
This is a fantastic deal for both the club and the Trust. The Board are offering the club a sum of money on terms that reflect our support for Dean whilst at some stage in the future, the money will eventually revert back to the Society in support of our fundraising target of £500k.
In light of recent events, the Board of the Society hopes that the club accepts this offer and views it as an act of good faith on the part of the Trust.
In Detail ;
* The amount of £15k is to be made available immediately as a long term, unsecured, zero interest loan that the manager can draw upon as, and when, he sees fit.
* The loan has a 5 year term.
* That the details of the loan, i.e. the nature of how the money is managed (accountability) be reserved to the scrutiny of The WST Chairman and Finance Officer only. (Or in the case of changes to personnel their successors in post.)
* The offer will remain on the table until the next Society AGM in June 2009.
* There are no other conditions attached to this offer.