We’d like to say a massive thank you to supporters for turning out in such numbers for our first home fixture versus Dover, the crowd of 5,603 was incredible and by far the biggest making up over 25% of all supporters watching every National League game on the day. We hope that you will stick with us and continue to follow the team on our promotion quest through the season.
Following our first experience of operating the Racecourse Stadium in the game versus Dover we have completed a thorough review of match day experience. Whilst there were lots of successes on the day there were a number of teething problems that will have disappointed some fans that we will endeavour to put right as we get used to operating the stadium.
The demand meant that we sold out of some of the delicious new pies and staff shortages extended the queues at many of the outlets. So what will we be doing differently Tuesday evening?
• Increasing staffing levels around the concourses within the Racecourse Ground
• Taking some learnings from how the Stereophonics concert did it, we will be decanting some of our most popular selling beers just before half time so that we can serve people more quickly during the break
• Despite having upped the Village Bakery pie order for the last game we are increasing the order by a further 300% for the game versus Solihull so everyone can enjoy these delicious pies
• We will ensure we have enough ketchup!
• We will ensure we have season ticket wallets available
• We will be looking at how we can better manage the different queues in the University Stand
In addition over the coming weeks we are looking to improve on our drinks/food price lists and in stadium signage as well as improvement to toilets in the University and Yale Stands. We hope that achieving all this will provide a better level of service going forwards and that you bear with us on this front as game one came only 5 days post our takeover of the ground.
Thank you again for your unbelievable support and don’t forget to get to the ground early to get your pre-match drink of MyRaccecourse 1864 or Wrexham Lager in the Centenary Club!
See you all at the Racecourse Tuesday night! COYR