Candidates Statement – Bryan Still
My name is Bryan Still and I have been a Wrexham supporter since the age of six. Married with two children, my son is also an avid Wrexham fan and we are both season ticket holders. I am self employed and run a successful small Taxi business in the area.
Like so many fans, it was my father who took me to my first game. That was a home match against Halifax Town in November 1972 and, even though it ended in a drab goalless draw, I was hooked and I’ve been coming to the Racecourse ever since.
The family even sponsored the club back in the mid to late 1970s when they ran The Miners Arms Pubic House in Brymbo, having an advert in the matchday programme.
Over the years I have seen the highs and lows, from the Football League Third Division Championship winning side of 1978 to the despair of relegation into Non-League football in 2008.
Coming from London, my late father was a big Arsenal fan so you can imagine the fun I had when we beat them in the F.A. Cup in 1992. It was a day I will certainly never forget!
In 2001 I gradually started getting involved with the matchday sales of the club’s programme and within a few years began contributing to it.
As a keen programme collector, I helped re-open the Programme Shop in 2011 and gradually became more involved in various other aspects of the matchday operations.
As such, since then I have helped:
- Organise the matchday programme sales
- Collect the team line ups from the respective managers following their pre-match meeting with the Match Officials
- Organise the matchday team sheet production and subsequent distribution to the Media and Hospitality Areas
- Organise the matchday raffles with Promotions staff
- Arranging for players to sign merchandise for the Commercial Department
- Arranging for the collection of Players’ Matchday tickets
- Arranging the payment of the Match Officials after the game for the club secretary
In 2014 I was asked to be the Matchday Operations Manager for the club’s 150th Anniversary game against Grimsby Town and received a letter of commendation from the club’s Board of Directors for my efforts.
I believe that this experience gives me a unique insight into the club’s matchday operations and, as such, I am keen to become more involved in the whole matchday organisation.
Proposed by David Thomas
Seconded by Hollie Thomas