Wrexham AFC are delighted to announce details of our second Grassroots Youth Football Day. This season, our home league match again Sutton on Saturday, 14th September (live game on BT Sport – kick off 5:20pm) will see us offer FREE match tickets to children registered with youth football clubs, with accompanying adults able to claim a discounted ticket for just £10 (full terms and conditions apply and are listed below).
Last season, our inaugural Grassroots Day saw over 1,300 children and adults from clubs across Wrexham and Flintshire attend our home game with Dagenham and Redbridge. This season, we are aiming even higher and are making over 2,000 tickets available for this event. Clubs from outside of the Wrexham and Flintshire leagues will also be welcome to apply for tickets for this season’s event.
Blocks of tickets have been reserved for this event in designated areas of each stand. The 2,000 discounted tickets will be issued on a first come, first served basis and are likely to sell out well in advance of match day. When selling tickets, we will fill one block at a time, meaning it will not be possible to request seats in a particular area of the ground. Tickets in all our designated areas will be unreserved seating apart from those that receive tickets in Block 8 of the Hays Travel Stand, which will be reserved seating as usual. This ticket offer will not be available on the day of the game.
To apply for tickets the group leader will need to complete the ticket order form HERE (copies will also be available in the club shop) from Thursday, 15th August. Tickets will be printed immediately and given to the group leader to distribute.
WST Governing Body director, Robert Stock, has organised the event and explained: ‘Last season’s Grassroots Youth Football Day was a roaring success and we were delighted with the positive feedback we received from attending clubs. We hope that this season’s event can provide even more children the opportunity of attending a live match at the Racecourse. One of the reasons we have chosen this game is the fact that the later kick off time of 5:20pm will allow teams from further afield to travel to Wrexham in time for kick off following their own games that day. A packed Racecourse will also help to create a fantastic atmosphere in front of the BT Sport cameras. We hope that experiencing the excitement and passion of a live match will provide a great team day out and help to create new lifelong supporters of the club.’
Terms and Conditions:
1) This offer is open to any registered youth football club (boys, mixed and girls teams) up to and including Under 16’s.
2) To take advantage of the offer, the team must have endorsement from a club official. Each club must nominate one adult to be in sole charge of the bookings and act as group leader. Information on how to order and pay for tickets is given below.
3) The Club Secretary of the teams may be required to prove their attending players are registered to the football club.
4) There must be a minimum child : adult ratio of 5:1 attending, with a maximum ratio of 1 adult per child. There will be a maximum limit of 20 children per attending team. Clubs are however welcome to bring more than one age group.
5) Tickets are limited in number and will be issued on a first come, first served basis.
6) Arranging transport to/from the stadium on the matchday will be the responsibility of the attending clubs.
7) It is the responsibility of attending adults to supervise children in their group for the duration of the visit.
If you have any questions about this event please email Rob.Stock@wst.org.uk